The following are the key points about Encapsulation.
- Wrapping of data and code into a single unit is called Encapsulation.
- In Java, the data and the code are encapsulated. The client able to access a field through a getter and setter.
- Setters are called mutators; it allows the client to set the data in which owner can write the validation code.
- Getters are called assessors; the client is allowed to get the data.
Advantages of Encapsulation
- If the owner changes the characteristics, it will not affect all the client codes.
- Client cannot access the data directly. So, unambiguous data is avoided.
- Tight encapsulation is a good encapsulation. This means owner provides only getter to the clients.
How Encapsulation is achieved ?
We can achieve encapsulation in the following ways by,
- Making all the fields as private
- Providing getter and setter
If You need more visit our site – www.iguddy.com